BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio – During Wednesday evening’s regularly scheduled Ohio Hi-Point Board of Education meeting, Sam Lewis with INCompliance, the career center’s regulation and compliance consultant during the building construction project, gave the board a monthly update on the building renovation project, including scope of work, budget, and timeline.
Monarch Construction is making huge progress over the summer. The framework for the new addition and elevator shaft is complete and concrete is being poured. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing work is being done in the Diesel expansion, and the new roof over the Automotive lab continues. Monarch Construction has also started demolition and renovation work in the classrooms off the cafeteria.
The Board of Education recognized Sadie Shellenberger, an Engineering Academy graduate from Benjamin Logan High School, and Christian Au, an Outdoor Careers graduate from Marysville High School, as the Seniors of the Year.
Tami Troyer, receptionist, was recognized as the Staff Member of the Year.
The Board also approved the employment of Jason Cobb (Loganville, GA) as the Culinary Arts Instructor, Rebecca Legge (Bellefontaine) as the Interactive Media Instructor, and Erica Rice (West Mansfield) as the School Nurse, all effective August 1, 2021. Shelby Clem (Russells Point) was hired as the Academic Supervisor’s Secretary, effective July 30, 2021, and Laurie Showalter (Bellefontaine) was hired as the High School Director’s Secretary, effective July 19, 2021.
In other board action:
· Heard the Legislative Report from Paul McMahill.
· Approved the minutes of the May 26, 2021 Board of Education meeting.
· Approved the action items recommended by the Treasurer including the May 2021 Financial Statement, interest and investments, appropriation modification, transfers, and advances, appropriation increases and decreases, and the FY22 temporary appropriations.
· Approved internship agreements with the list of companies listed.
· Approved the donation of eight Honeywell eye wash stations for use in student labs from Buckeye Pallet Liquidation & Wholesale of Bellefontaine.
· Approved to establish the bus/van driver pay at $16 per hour, effective July 1, 2021.
· Approved Robert Fabian (Huntsville), Nicole Hill (Quincy), Donald Jaunzemis (Zanesfield), Tanya Knief (Lewistown), and Angela Reese (Springfield) as Adult Education Instructors.
· Approved the employment of certified and classified substitutes as presented.
· Approved extended days, teacher supplemental contracts, and salary schedule for listed staff members.
· Approved stipends for the 2021/2022 school year as presented.
· Designated Tonya Ramey, Mark Butler, Dr. Rick Smith, and Brad Richardson as non-discrimination designees.
· Authorized the renewal of membership in the Ohio Association of Career Technical Superintendents for the 2021/2022 school year.
· Approve Dr. Chris O’Connor, Maple Leaf Family and Sports Medicine of Bellefontaine, OH, to serve as school physician, and Dr. Edwin Boy of Bellefontaine, OH, to serve as school dentist for the 2021/2022 school year.
· Approved tuition reimbursement payments for staff as presented.
· Approved Satellite Program Contracts of Agreement with Graham Local Schools, Kenton City Schools, Mechanicsburg, Exempted Village Schools, Triad Local Schools, and Urbana City Schools.
· Approved the shared teacher service agreements with Kenton City Schools and Mechanicsburg Exempted Village Schools.
· Approved the Student Handbook for FY22.
· Approved the 2021/2022 District Calendar.
· Approved the 2021/2022 Customer Service Charges as presented.
· Approved the submission of the Blended Learning Declaration Request Form to the Ohio Department of Education to allow the District to use a blended instructional model.
· Approved the FY22 bus contracts with Bellefontaine City Schools, Benjamin Logan Local Schools, and Kenton City Schools.
· Appointed Paul McMahill as the Ohio School boards Association voting delegate for Ohio Hi-Point Career Center for the 2021/2022 school year and Matt McConnell as the alternate.
· Approved the Impact Scholarship Fund effective July 1, 2021.
The next Board of Education meeting is Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 7 p.m.