We're over halfway through the summer break and Monarch Construction continues to make incredible progress. The building construction and renovation project remains on track and on budget, with only a few minor bumps in the road like having roofing materials and equipment parts on back order.
It's been a busy week for Monarch as they finished demo work on a few buildings around campus. The old Adult Education and storage warehouse buildings were torn down to allow for better access to OHP's front entrance.
OHP's will utilize other buildings on campus for storage and Clark State will utilize existing buildings near the front of campus for adult education offerings.
The new addition will house the new Cosmetology and Culinary Arts programs as well as Health Careers Academy and Education Academy. The new science labs will also be located in the new addition.
Here's the construction progress for this week:
- A / C foundations and stoops
- Board stock insulation, including trim and liquid flashing sealant
- 2nd floor interior light gage metal framing
- Roof drains set above lobby and connector areas, including piping down to 1st floor
- 1st floor sprinkler mains and branch piping
- Setting of steel trusses in new Diesel Lab addition
- Electrical work continues
- Ductwork and piping continues
New Mechanical Room:
- Installed new components for boiler and chiller room.
- New electrical switchgear being installed
- Prepared to set new air handler equipment on main building roof
- Polished new Welding lab floors
- Installation of ceiling grids and painting beginning to take shape in miscellaneous classrooms
- Renovation work continues on new offices in the main building.
- Demolition of old Adult Ed. and warehouse storage buildings.
- Review of new recently installed fire hydrants on Campus