Campus looks completely different! Asphalt was ripped up and the work continues to tear down the old Adult Education and storage warehouse buildings to allow for better access to OHP's front entrance.
OHP's will utilize other buildings on campus for storage and Clark State will utilize existing buildings near the front of campus for adult education offerings.
Here's the progress Monarch Construction made this week:
- Steel framing being installed for future roof decking on new wing.
- Roof joist bridging
- 1st floor light gage metal framing
- Bricks for the new addition exterior veneer were delivered
Diesel Lab Renovation
- Domestic hot and cold water and air piping
- Hydronic water piping
- Ductwork tie-ins to equipment room C146 and Outdoor Careers
- Diesel Lab CMU bearing walls
- Polished concrete prep and finish
New Roof on Existing Building:
- Roof work continues
Interior Areas in Existing Building:
- Demolition in preparation for new office areas in 102
- Grinding of floors in the Welding Lab for new finishes
- Layout and cut masonry for new doors
- Demo masonry for new doors / remove existing doors, frames, borrowed lights
- Start light gage metal framed walls
- Water main dig, prep, install, inspect and backfill South of site
- Asphalt milling throughout site