This week, our Board of Education members toured the construction site before their regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting. They saw and heard the plans for the continued work on the new addition, which will house the new Cosmetology and Culinary Arts programs as well as Health Careers Academy and Education Academy. The new science labs will also be located in the new addition.
The Board also saw the new mechanical room, the Diesel lab expansion, the continued work in the Outdoor Careers lab, and the upcoming plans for the Automotive and Welding labs.
Monarch Construction continued work on the renovation project this week including:
- Finished preparation of the gavel pad for the concrete pour and continued construction on the elevator shaft.
New Mechanical Room:
- New boilers and pumps arrived.
- Began demolition of equipment from the old mechanical room.
- Preparing room for the new chiller/AC unit. Our gently used chiller/AC being donated to Fairborn High School for further use.
Diesel Expansion and Program Lab Renos:
- Progress continues on the Diesel expansion
- Wall construction continues in the old Outdoor Careers lab