As we enter our final weeks of our emergency distance learning, we have a few important updates and reminders for our students.
Students should continue to complete and turn in their assignments and talk to their teachers if they have any questions about due dates. The last day of school for seniors is May 15 and the last day for juniors is May 21. Additional plans for laptop and/or school material collection are still being discussed.
For seniors, scholarships are available on our website. Please apply as money is still available! There are college scholarships and workforce grants listed.
Governor DeWine and the Ohio Department of Education have asked schools to recognize seniors virtually rather than hold in-person events. While we are disappointed our seniors can’t walk down the hill for this monumental occasion, our staff is working very hard to create a special and memorable experience for students and families. To celebrate, we are producing a virtual convocation ceremony and have asked our seniors for the following:
1. Auditions (Wednesday, April 29 from 10 a.m.–1 p.m.): Seniors can sign up to audition to deliver a speech or sing the National Anthem HERE.
2. Video/Picture (Due Date Tuesday, May 5, 2020): Seniors are asked to be creative and have fun by sending a positive video or picture hashtag that tells their OHP Story to Mrs. Ramey at email@example.com (examples include: #WorthIt #HardWork #JobReady #OHPTogether #Enlistment). Creativity may come with a background or anything that helps tell your senior’s OHP story. If we don't receive a video or picture message by May 5, we will use your senior’s school photo in the broadcast.
Some helpful guidelines include:
· :15 second video or a picture
· Hold up a positive hashtag.
· Make sure we can see your face.
· Hold your phone sideways for video.
The virtual convocation ceremony will be held on May 20 at 6:30 p.m. and posted on our Facebook page and our website.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we all navigate through this ever-changing and unprecedented event.
Thank you and stay healthy!
High School Director