Ohio Hi-Point Career Center's DECA Chapter at Marysville High School received a School-based Enterprise (SBE) Certification from the National DECA organization for the 2022-2023 academic year. The chapter was one of five schools in Ohio to receive the distinction.
School-Based Enterprises provide real-world learning opportunities for students that reinforce the curriculum being taught. Students in the DECA Chapter are enrolled in OHP’s Supply Chain Management satellite program at Marysville.
For the certification process, SBE student leaders completed a written project to demonstrate how the SBE met the National Curriculum Standards and showcasing how the retail operations or food service operations school-based business adheres to select model business standards.
Congratulations to the following certified SBE's:
· Carey High School - The Blue Devil Corner Retail Operations
· Groveport Madison High School Groveport - Madison HS Retail Operations
· Ohio Hi-Point Career Center/Marysville - The Lion Label Retail Operations
· Olentangy Berlin High School - The Bears Den Retail Operations
· Western Brown High School - II Bronco Nation Apparel Retail Operations
Ohio Hi-Point’s Supply Chain Management program is taught my Bailey Hemmelgarn, who also serves as the DECA advisor.