The green industry is an ever-changing field and Hi-Point can prepare you for a successful career. The Outdoor Careers students learn about a variety of pathways such as parks and recreation and landscape design. Hands-on experiences take place on campus in the greenhouse and around campus as well as through community service projects and competitions. Students also learn safety and the operation of heavy machinery.
The opportunities are very broad within this field and you could find yourself working in a variety of work environments that truly make a difference. Do you enjoy doing different jobs throughout the year and continuously learning something new? Enrollment in our Outdoor Careers program might be the perfect fit for the career of your dreams!
Ohio Hi-point has given me the opportunity to start my career while i was still in high school.
Practical Learning Experiences
Hands-on experiences take place on campus in the greenhouse and around campus as well as through community service projects and competitions. You'll learn:
- Parks and recreation
- Wildlife management
- Heavy equipment operation and safety
- Landscape design and installation
- Turf and landscape operations
- Business management and entrepreneurship
Below are the career-technical classes offered during this two-year program. Students may also choose to add electives to their schedule.
- Landscape Systems Management
- Landscape Hardscapes
- Turf Science and Management
- Landscape Design
- Agriculture and Environmental Systems Capstone
Outdoor Careers Instructor
Ohio Hi-Point Career Center
- NCCER Level One Heavy Equipment Operation
- Ohio Certified Nursery Technician-Landscape
- Forklift Certification
- 10-hour OSHA
- CPR/First Aid
- Clark State
- Columbus State
- Hocking College
- OSU ATI
Owens Community College
*Partnerships continue to evolve. Talk to the instructor for the most up-to-date partnerships and credit options.
- $58,000 (Landscape Architect)
- $62,600 (Landscape Account Manager)
- $70,000 (Landscape Business Owner)
CAREER TECHNICAL STUDENT ORGANIZATION