Students work closely with their teachers to explore their creativity and develop skills in graphic design, digital photography, illustration, video production, audio production, and motion graphics – while learning how to design in multiple media including print, Web, interactive and social media.
Students pick and choose which courses best fit their creative style and college and career goals.
The projects students work on will include the entire workflow, from file preparation all the way through production and distribution issues. The Adobe Creative Cloud becomes a key piece of a student’s journey to success by working with Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and others. Students also learn to utilize industry standard content management systems such as WordPress for web design and blogging.
Students may design and screen print t-shirts, create augmented reality pieces, and sharpen their photography, video and audio production, and web design skills.
Hands-on experiences include working with industry grade software and equipment such as 4K camcorders, mirrorless and DSLR cameras, professional audio equipment and MacBooks, print presses, and much more.
My instructor has been amazing and helped me get on the right path
Practical Learning Experiences
Students who thrive in this program are visually creative and embrace computer technology. Students are able to produce a variety of pieces for local businesses within the community.
Students also learn:
- Traditional print process
- Develop visual images
- Digital workflows
- Production theory and application
- Work with emerging trends in digital design
- Website design
- Video production
- Broadcast technology
- Digital photography(product and portrait)
- Software - including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Animate.
- The marketing mix (The 4 Ps)
- Social media marketing
- Visual Design Primer
- Multimedia and Image Management Techniques
Graphic Design and Printing Pathway
- Digital Image Editing
- Visual Distribution
- Arts and Communication Capstone
Multimedia Marketing Pathway
- Multimedia Capstone
- 10-hour OSHA
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Certified Associate Video Communication
- Adobe Certified Associate Visual Communication
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint
- Columbus State Community College
- Clark State Community College
- Rhodes State Community College
- The Modern College of Design
- Wright State University
*Partnerships continue to evolve. Talk to the instructor for the most up-to-date partnerships and credit options.
- $21,000 (Screen Printer)
- $41,000 (Graphic Designer)
- $50,000 (Freelance Photographer)
- $53,000 (Video Producer)
- $63,000 (Art Director)
- $83,000 (Marketing Director)
CAREER TECHNICAL STUDENT ORGANIZATION