Forty-five students from Ohio Hi-Point Career Center’s Media Arts and Business satellite programs at Riverside High School advanced to the Business Professionals of America (BPA) State Competition after competing at the regional level in January.
Over 100 members from the OHP/Riverside BPA chapter competed in the BPA Region 16 competition at Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio against students from Apollo Career Center, Benjamin Logan High School, Tri-Star Career Compact, Vantage Career Center, OHP Graham Satellite, and OHP Upper Scioto Valley Satellite.
The following OHP/Riverside students advanced to the Ohio BPA State Leadership Conference:
- Kaitlyn Copas – Payroll Accounting
- Chase Davidson, Kaylee Williams, and Zach Armbruster – Banking and Finance
- Peytan Jenkins and Katelyn Craig – Financial Analyst Team
- Rozlynn Estep, Malaina Jenkins, and Sasha Stotler – Economic Research Team
- Owen Godwin, Andan Short, and Sierra Boone – Personal Financial Management
- Allison Buchenroth – Intermediate Word Processing
- Kyrsten Poe and Wade Auflick – Advanced Word Processing
- Hanna Cooper – Legal Office Procedures
- Riley Leeper – Medical Office Procedures
- Bridget Littlejohn, Justin Ritzma, Lauren Johnson, and Harlie McClintick – Administrative Support Team
- Rachel Knight – Administrative Support Research Project
- Dora Bryant and Sam Fleming – Fundamental Desktop Publishing
- Catalina Notestine and Deven Wray – Video Production Team
- Trinity Notestine, Owen Holycross, and Mia Stallard – Broadcast News Production Team
- Andrea Burden – Entrepreneurship
- Sierra Snow, Kale Long, Ethan Jackson, and John Zumberger – Small Business Management Team
- Rachel Taylor – Interview Skills
- Jordyn Marshall – Advanced Interview Skills
- Alaina Snow – Prepared Speech
- Lauryn Sanford, Brody Rhoads, Courtney Roach, Cody Roach, Alli Knight, Grace Brownlee, and Kara Kauffman – Parliamentary Procedure Team
- Xavier Clerico – Presentation Management Individual
Competitions, judging, and awards took place at ONU and OHP/Riverside chapter and Region 16 Executive board members Courtney Roach (Historian) and Sierra Snow (President) lead the awards ceremony.
The advancing students compete at the Ohio BPA State Leadership Conference on March 12 and 13 in Columbus. The OHP/Riverside BPA chapter is under the guidance of chapter advisors, Lindsay Wyan and Michelle Weadock.