The Structural Construction program allows students the critical opportunities needed to have a successful career in construction. The program is designed to help students develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills required of carpenters engaged in general construction.
Students develop a strong foundation in carpentry and masonry during the two-year program. Students also learn current building techniques, estimating, construction costs, blueprint reading and building trade terms. Students design, estimate, cut, and assemble construction projects.
The program is NCCER Accredited, allowing students the opportunity to earn college credit and 1 year apprenticeship credit. Demand for qualified, well-educated construction workers will grow 13 percent through 2026.
“Working with guys who have years of experience in the Construction industry is extremely rewarding. When you think that a house will probably be the most expensive thing you own, I want to have the knowledge to make smart decisions and know what to look for in a home.”
Practical Learning Experiences
Students develop a strong foundation in carpentry, masonry, electricity, and plumbing and pipe fitting.
- Build on-site project homes
- Cost estimating and blueprint reading
- Framing and roofing
- Door, window and floor installation
- Design and build outdoor features
Below are the career-technical classes offered during this two-year program. Students may also choose to add electives to their schedule.
- Construction Technology - Core and Sustainable Construction
- Carpentry and Masonry Technical Skills
- Structural Systems
- Structural Coverings and Finishes
- Structural Construction Capstone
Structural Construction Instructor
Ohio Hi-Point Career Center
- NCCER Core
- NCCER Level One Certification for Apprenticeship
- 10-hour OSHA
- Forklift Operator
- Manlift/Scissor Lift Operator
- Bobcat Operator
- Columbus State Community College
- Hocking College
- Ohio State University (ATI)
- Owens Community College
*Partnerships continue to evolve. Talk to the instructor for the most up-to-date partnerships and credit options.
- $42,000 (Carpenter)
- $52,000 (Construction Foreman)
- $72,000 (Project Manager)
CAREER TECHNICAL STUDENT ORGANIZATION