COVID-19 Updates and INformation
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced schools will continue with distance learning for the remainder of the school year. We will be updating this page regularly during this closure. Parents and guardians should watch their email for official announcements from the district.
In our efforts to keep our students, staff and families informed with the latest information, please use this page as a reference for District communications regarding COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
This global health event impacts us all. It requires us to take careful precautions and to follow advice provided by public health experts.
During this closure, our teachers and students are participating in distance learning. Students selected how they would like to receive lesson assignments before campus closed (either via online or printed materials). Our teachers will check-in with students via online platforms, email, conference call, Remind, or other means of communication.
Due to COVID-19, Governor DeWine and the Ohio Department of Education have asked schools to recognize seniors virtually rather than hold in-person events. While we are disappointed our seniors can’t walk down Campbell Hill for this monumental occasion, our staff is working very hard to create a special and memorable experience for students and families.
To celebrate, we are producing a virtual convocation ceremony. The ceremony will be posted on our Facebook and website and can be viewed on Wednesday, May 20 at 6:30 p.m. Please visit our Convocation page for more information.
MOST RECENT UPDATES:
STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS
OHP encourages all students, staff, and community members to help flatten the curve by doing these simple steps:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have soap or water on hand, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw tissue in trash can
- Clean and disinfectant frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Wear cloth masks when out in public when social distancing is not easily done
- Continue to practice social distancing of 6 feet in public areas
During this time of uncertainty, we encourage you to stay connected with friends and family while practicing physical distancing. It’s important that we support one another during this time, especially if you or someone you know may be facing a mental health concern.
Go outside, connect via FaceTime, and participate in numerous online activities like workouts, tours (see here, here and here), and more. Please check out the following resources for mental health.
WAYS TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT OHIO HI-POINT:
- Bookmark this page: http://hipointoh.apptegy.us/o/hi-point/page/covid-19-updates-and-resources--3
- Bookmark our FAQs: https://www.ohiohipoint.com/article/208011?org=hi-...
- Follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Download the Ohio Hi-Point App: App Store, Google Play