The Ohio Hi-Point Counseling Department is available to assist and advise each student in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development. In collaboration with parents/guardians, faculty, and the community, our school counselors and support staff assist and support students in developing skills to encourage their personal growth as a lifelong learner, a quality leader, and a critical thinker.
Request a Meeting with a Counselor
For current OHP students, please use this form to request an appointment with Mrs. Gessler or Mrs. Gonglik. We will try to respond to your request as soon as we can. Preferred times to meet with students will be during one of the two lab times (period 1 or 3), unless it's a more urgent matter. Please continue to check your email in the event your question can be answered via email.
We do not maintain 24 hour access to our email or Google accounts. If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. It is a free, 24-hour hotline at 1.800.273.TALK (8255). If you are in an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Logan County Financial Aid Night
For Logan County students, learn what kind of Financial Aid are you eligible for and how to complete important paperwork like the FAFSA. Please see the complete folder of resources here.
Class of 2021 and 2022
It's your future. Get ready. As a student entering ninth grade between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2019, Ohio’s new high school graduation requirements give you more flexibility to choose a graduation pathway that builds on your strengths and passions – one that ensures you are ready for your next steps and excited about the future.
Career and College Readiness Resources
Attending Ohio Hi-Point means you've taken an important step towards your successful career. We want to make sure you have the tools to best prepare so that when you leave campus, you're ready to take on the real world. Please utilize the resources provided below to plan and review your career and college plans.
Students, please check your emails from Mrs. Gonglik and Mrs. Gessler about the latest scholarship opportunities available to you.
As a high school senior, there are several local and state scholarship opportunities to help make college more affordable.
As scholarships become available, we will post them here.
Ohio Hi-Point Scholarships (Packet includes applications for the following scholarships. Deadline: 4/15/21)
- OHP Student Scholarship
- Sloan Trustees Scholarship
- Warren Stevens Memorial Board of Education Scholarship
- Judy Gratz Memorial Scholarship
- Lewis Family Scholarship (deadline: 4/15/21)
- 664th AC&W Squadron Scholarship (deadline: 4/30/21)
- Sandy Mazur Scholarship (deadline: 4/30/21)
- Front Line Families Scholarships
- Believe in Ohio STEM Scholarship (deadline: 4/15/21)
- Master Gardener Scholarship (deadline: 4/8/21)
- Student Scholarships (Roundup)
- Marion Technical College Scholarships (deadline 5/1/21)
- Bellefontaine Lions Club Scholarship (deadline: 4/1/21)
- Mary Lou Johnson Health Career Scholarship (deadline: 4/1/21)
- Graybar Construction Trades Scholarship (deadline 4/15/21)
- Mary Eleanor Morris Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Career & Technical (deadline 4/15/21)
- William D Squires (deadline 4/6)
- Wright Patterson Air Force Base Educational Fund (deadline 4/1/21)
- PRINTING United Alliance Scholarship (deadline 4/30/21)
- Visionary Scholarship Program (deadline 5/1/21)
- CoCa-Cola Scholarship Website
- Kent State Honors Distinction Award
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
- Miami University Bridges Program
- Hagan Scholarship
- Austin E. Knowlton Memorial Scholarship
- Marion Technical College scholarships (Get to Next Scholars Program)
- Mike Rowe Works Foundation Scholarships
Please take a look at the following website that has 200 scholarships offered by the Columbus Foundation. Use the scholarship search to narrow down the scholarships applicable to you. One of them is specifically for students who reside in Logan County and want to pursue an Agriculture related major called the Jim Redman Scholarship. If you are pursuing Ag as a major, please be sure to apply!
Horatio Alger Association
Visit the Horatio Alger Association to search and apply for scholarships from the national and state level. You can also search specifically for career and technical scholarships.
Watch the Due Dates!
As a reminder, please make sure to pay attention to the criteria for any of the scholarships you are applying for and the application due dates. Please ask Mrs. Gonglik or Mrs. Gessler if you have any other questions.
Good luck and happy scholarship hunting!