In the Education Academy, students gain a foundation of educational principles, curriculum development, and licensure during their junior year. Students also learn about psychology and behavioral progress, as well as guidance and nutrition. During their senior year, students focus on a specific area of licensure, creating lessons and activities that foster growth in the 4 areas development (cognitive, physical, social, emotional). Classroom placements provide opportunities for growth.
- Understand education philosophy
- Learn child development
- Create hands-on and age appropriate lessons
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Participate in communicable disease training
- Child abuse prevention and recognition training
Below are the career-technical classes offered during this two-year program. Students may also choose to add electives to their schedule.
• Foundations of Education and Training
• Child and Adolescent Development
• Classroom Management
• Communities, Schools, and Stakeholders
Council for Professional Recognition - Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
Clark State Community College
Rhodes State College
*Partnerships continue to evolve. Talk to the instructor for the most up-to-date partnerships and credit options.
Elementary/Middle School Teacher ($57,000)
High School Teacher ($60,000)
School Administration ($90,000)