It is with great excitement and anticipation that OHP extends an invitation to you and your family to Ohio Hi-Point’s Class of 2018 Convocation Ceremony.
Below are the responsibilities and a summary of Convocation events scheduled for our seniors:
- All seniors are required to be in attendance at Ohio Hi-Point for the remainder of the school year.
- To participate in Convocation, students must have fees paid (including any computer repair bills), meet all lab requirements, and be eligible to receive a Career-Technical certificate. Seniors should check with their lab instructor if there is any doubt about receiving a certificate.
- Jostens items, which were ordered last fall, have been delivered. If an order has not been received, please contact Jostens or your partner school with any questions.
2018 Convocation Ceremony
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Senior Breakfast is Wednesday, May 23. Students should report to school as usual for attendance and breakfast will begin around 8:45 a.m. Partner school principals and counselors are invited to join us for this celebration. Due to limited seating, we are unable to accommodate parents or other guests for Senior Breakfast.
Convocation practice will immediately follow Senior Breakfast. Students must take part in Convocation practice to participate in the evening ceremony. Practice will end at approximately 11:00 a.m. At that time, seniors will be released to leave if they have their own transportation.
Convocation is Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. Participating seniors must be in the Ohio Hi-Point cafeteria by 5:45 p.m. to line up and prepare for the ceremony. Convocation will be held outside at Ohio Hi-Point Career Center. With plenty of seating available, no tickets will be issued.
Required ATTIRE FOR participating SENIORS
- Home school robe (if a robe is needed, talk to an OHP instructor so one can be provided)
- A graduation cap is not worn
- Men: collared shirt, tie, and dress pants
- Ladies: dress, skirt, or dress pants with a nice shirt
This is a special evening and we ask that no participating seniors wear jeans.
In case of inclement weather, Convocation will be held at Bellefontaine High School in the gymnasium.
The decision will be made by 9:00 a.m. the morning of May 23. We will announce the location of the ceremony during Senior Breakfast. You can also check the OHP website, Twitter, and Facebook pages or listen to 98.3 WPKO for any updates.
There is plenty of seating available at Ohio Hi-Point and Bellefontaine High School; therefore, no tickets will be issued.
Final exams are May 14-16, with May 17 as a make-up day. If you have any questions about exams, please ask your teachers.
Senior Laptop CollectionLaptop collection for seniors is scheduled for Friday, May 18; however, seniors may turn in their laptops at anytime after they finish exams.
The Technology Department will need to wipe the machine before allowing seniors to permanently take ownership of the laptop. Seniors may pick up their laptop at the end of Senior Breakfast on May 23. For more information about the laptop drop off and the pick-up policy for seniors, check out the website below.